BOSTON, March 28, 2012—Crystal Financial LLC, an independent commercial finance company, announced today the promotion of three professionals in the Boston office:
* Evren Ozargun was named Managing Director. In this role, Mr. Ozargun is responsible for underwriting, structuring and portfolio management. He has been with the Crystal team since 2006, joining the firm from Wells Fargo Retail Finance. Mr. Ozargun is a graduate of Babson College. Transactions he has been actively involved in include MegaPath, Piggly Wiggly, Annett Holdings, and Halifax Media Group.
* Rebecca Tarby was also made a Managing Director. Ms. Tarby joined Crystal in 2006 from Fleet M&A Advisors, and is responsible for underwriting, structuring and portfolio management. A graduate of Boston College, she is also on the Board of Ultra Stores, Inc. She has led the underwriting of numerous transactions at Crystal, including Ritz Camera, CRS Processing and American Apparel.
* Tyler Harrington was promoted to Assistant Vice President. Mr. Harrington joined Crystal in 2010 and assists in underwriting and managing a portfolio of secured loans. He is a CFA Charterholder and holds a B.S. in finance from Bentley University. Mr. Harrington previously worked at Cambridge Associates and also is a member of the Boston Security Analysts Society. Petrowest, Borders, TouchTunes and Wheels Financial are some of the debt facilities that he has been actively involved with during his tenure at Crystal.
Mr. Ozargun and Ms. Tarby will continue to execute complex debt capital financings incorporating both asset-based and cash-flow underwriting disciplines. Along with Mr. Harrington, they also will continue to actively manage the day-to-day needs of our portfolio.
Crystal Financial also is pleased to announce two new hires, also in the Boston office:
* Jason Andreotes joined Crystal Financial as an Assistant Vice President, responsible for working with deal teams in the underwriting, structuring and account management of loan investments. Mr. Andreotes is a CFA Charterholder, holds a B.S. in finance from Providence College, and an M.S. in finance from the Carroll Graduate School of Management at Boston College. He previously worked at NewStar Financial, Inc. and Raytheon.
* Timothy Lawlor joined Crystal Financial as an Associate responsible for assisting deal teams in the underwriting, structuring and account management of loan investments. Mr. Lawler holds a B.S. degree from the Carroll Graduate School of Management at Boston College, and previously worked at Goldman Sachs.
“Evren, Rebecca and Tyler are dedicated finance professionals who have played an instrumental role in Crystal’s growth and we look forward to their continued success” said Michael Pizette, Chief Credit Officer of Crystal Financial. In addition, we are also very pleased to announce the appointments of Jason and Tim and look forward to their contributions.”
About Crystal Financial
Crystal Financial is an independent commercial finance company that provides senior and junior secured term asset-based and cash flow loans ($10 million to $150 million) to middle market companies, either as a direct lender or in partnership with banks, other ABL lenders or private equity investors. The company has a unique ability to lend on alternative or unusual assets such as intellectual property or brand names. Its team of experienced, responsive professionals have underwritten, closed and managed more than $20 billion in secured debt commitments across a wide range of industries. For more information, please visit www.crystalfinco.com.